Pilot Plant Process Engineer
Responsible for maintaining company safety, environmental, and Department of Health requirements, among other things. Apply today!
- Maintain and enforce all company safety, environmental, and Department of Health requirements.
- Maintain the department in a clean and orderly manner.
- Start-up, running and shutdown of R&D equipment, including but not limited to: Injection molding presses, blow molders, extrusion lines and thermoformers along with other supporting equipment (material dryers, die cutter, forklift, etc.)
- Develop process parameters for new products and record data and findings to project database.
- Ability to make process adjustments on equipment.
- Apply trouble-shooting techniques to all processes.
- Check product quality for defects and correct accordingly.
- Ensure all technicians and operators are performing their duties correctly, support as needed.
- Ability to effectively supervise small groups, experiments and projects.
- Set up and manage material loading systems to insure proper materials blends and structures.
- Ensure samples are run per the Sample Request.
- Ensure all equipment is operational and perform minor repairs as necessary.
- Notify Maintenance if a machine failure occurs.
- Be proactive in developing ideas and suggestions for improvements and participate in implementation.
- Consult with PD engineers on potential new projects.
- High Level of technical expertise in multiple manufacturing areas.
- Industry specialist in at least one plastics conversion discipline.
- Ability to communicate with customers or vendors in a professional manner.
- Eager to share own knowledge with team members.
- Eager to learn other conversion disciplines as opportunity allows.
- 4 year degree in related field
- Typical 10+ years’ experience and demonstrated competency.
- Capable of leading training sessions, both internal and externally.
- Self-motivated with ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Able to direct technicians.
- Computer skills—proficient with Excel, Word, and Lotus Notes. CAD skills a plus.
- Ability to travel, as necessary.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. occasionally.